Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Reminiscing

Over the weekend I received a text message from my cousin that made me stop in my tracks and laugh hysterically. Here's the story..

When we were younger we would all go(and when I say ALL I mean my entire family, aunts, uncles,cousins and grandparents) up to a cabin in Pinetop, I believe it was, and spend the weekend or whatever hanging out and enjoying the weather. Well one night, our mom's went for a walk around the golf course that's right there by the cabin. Ashley and I thought it was a good idea to jump on the bike's and ride around to see if we could find them. HORRIBLE DECISION.! We get to the golf coure and all the sprinklers were on so it was getting part of the pavement wet, well I dont know what happened but all of a sudden Ashley is riding in front of me and she falls off her bike.....I can see her just sitting there and I'm peddling full speed ahead....and BAM I run right into her and my tire smacks her in the face. Needless to say we were both laughing hysterically. After a minute of trying to recoup we get back on our bikes and continue our ride around the golf course, now from what I remember, we ended up on the other side almost in a "neighborhood" with a bunch of cabins backing up to the golf course. It's been forever, so I'm not totally clear on all the details. Anyways, we were riding in this "neighborhood" and all of a sudden this dog comes out of nowhere charging at us. I started screaming and peddling as fast as I could leaving Ashley in the dust. She's yelling for me to stop and, I of course, can't her over my screaming and crying. This dog would not give up....I even lost a flip flop.!What seemed like hours, was really only a couple minutes, the dog finally backed off and the owner comes out yelling, "The dog won't hurt you." UH HELLO....your dog just chased me down the street ready to tear my head off.! Keep in mind I was only probably like 11 or 12 maybe. So Ashley comes riding up next me to laughing. I DID NOT find it funny at that particular moment, but now every time I think about it or we bring it up I start laughing uncontrollably. Needless to say, she was up in Pinetop over the weekend and they were walking around that same golf course that we had our little "dog encounter" with.




No comments:

Post a Comment